We are not currently accepting grant applications. We hope to resume operations by the end of 2020. In the meantime, we will continue to pray for all families pursuing adoption. The site will be updated when applications are once again being accepted.
Are you pursuing adoption and trying to cover the costs? We know first hand the high costs and fees associated with adoption. Ragini Project wants to help!
As a 501c3 non-profit, we give all net proceeds from our fair & direct trade sales to fund grants for adoptive families and orphanages. Each month, we feature an adoptive family or orphanage and they receive all proceeds from our online sales. For families, these grants can be used to cover any adoption related expense (i.e. agency fees, travel costs, document preparation, passport photos & filing fees, apostille fees, foreign court fees, etc).
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from all adoptive families but priority will typically go to those pursuing foreign adoption due to the higher costs. You can apply at any time in your process but, if selected, will not be featured until you have an approved homestudy.
How much are the grants?
The grant amount is completely dependent on the total product sales in the month the family is featured. All net proceeds from online sales are used to fund the grant. While we do our own product marketing, we strongly encourage families to promote our site to their friends and family while they are featured. Your friends, family, church members & co-workers' purchases will grow your grant! Ragini Project grants work best when used by the family as an alternative to typical crowd-funding sites. And research shows that people are more willing to donate when they receive something in return, such as our direct trade apparel, jewelry & crafts. All purchases made on our site are tax-deductible.
How often do we review & award grants?
Applications are reviewed as they are received on an on-going basis. One family or NGO is selected per month to be featured the following month. Featured families & NGOs receive all net proceeds from all sales during the month in which they are featured.
What is the family responsible for?
- Promoting Ragini Project to their friends & family and encouraging them to shop online from our site during the month you are featured.
- Procuring merchandise when you travel to meet your child. As a direct-trade organization, we rely heavily on the help of people traveling to developing countries to purchase merchandise direct from the artisans. As a featured family, you will agree to purchase new items on our behalf while traveling to meet your child. The Ragini Project will cover all product costs & baggage/shipping fees and will provide you with information to make the best product choices and fit it in to your busy itinerary.
How to Apply:
Complete the grant application and return with all necessary attachments to email@example.com. Required attachments include:
- Approved homestudy (if completed)
- Page 1 of most recent tax return
- Photo or video of family
- Photo of child (if you've been given permission to share)